- This event has passed.
CPSP4_Administration of Social Assistance
April 12 @ 8:00 am - April 16 @ 5:00 pmTsh.1500000
Social assistance is increasingly becoming a leading social protection initiative in tackling poverty and vulnerability in many developing countries. Increasingly, evidences suggest that social cash transfers can contribute to pro-poor growth by providing an effective risk management tool, by supporting human capital development and by empowering poor households to lift themselves out of poverty. The aim of this course is to impart participants with the understanding of various categories of social assistance programmes, their design and financing mechanisms, their administration and management as well as their impact in tackling vulnerabilities and poverty. The course exposes you in learning and appreciating various non-contributory social assistance programmes existing in Africa and globally. Participants will be familiarized with some of the world’s most successful social assistance best practice programmes such as the Bolsa familia of Brazil, Opportunidades of Mexico, NREGA of India, the Expanded Public Works Programme of South Africa, the Productive Social Safety Net Programme (PSSN) of Tanzania and the Productive Safety Net Programme (PSNP) of Ethiopia, to mention a few. The modules of this course are as follows;
1. SPA 16_Introduction to Social Safety Nets
2. SPA 17_Design Elements of Social Safety Nets
3. SPA 18_Financing Social Safety Nets
4. SPA 19_Management of Social Safety Nets
• Senior Management, Board of Directors/Trustees and Directors,
• First-line and middle level managers and technical and non-technical staff of both public and private organizations and professional bodies.
• NGOs and Community Organizers.
• private individuals,
For online participants Cost will be Tsh 700