- This event has passed.
CPSP2_Administration of Pension Schemes
June 9 @ 8:00 am - June 11 @ 5:00 pm$300
1. BACKGROUND TO THE COURSE
The provision of pension benefits to eligible recipients dates as far back as the first century B.C. with a long tradition of military pensions. The concept of ceasing to work in later life did not begin to spread to the rest of the workforce until the 19th century. Today, we think of a pension, in all the complexity of its different classes, as a series of payments to be made to workers after the end of their working years.
The pension schemes administration course is crucial for both workers of all walks of life, but more so for all staff of public and private pension schemes as well as life insurance schemes as a whole. The pension schemes administration course equips participants with knowledge and skills on the functioning and governance of different types of pension systems, including their legal, legislative and regulatory frameworks as well as financing systems and reforms.
The modules of this course are;
2. COURSE MODULES
This is a very detailed, comprehensive and intensive three -day course that covers five distinct modules to completion. The modules of the course are;
- PSA 01_Typology of Pension Schemes
- PSA 02_Design Options for Pension benefits
- PSA 03_Financing Systems of Pension Benefits
- PSA 04_Pension Delivery mechanisms – including issues of recruitment, compliance & benefit processing.
- PSA 05_Evolution of Pension Reforms: Case study of recent pension reforms in East Africa & Eastern Europe.
- the abbreviation PSA denotes “Pension Schemes Administration.”
- the codes 01, 02……..denote the module number in the cognitive level.
- the names that follow the codes are the typical module names in this course.